Thursday, September 2, 2010

Making the most out of your Night and Day DSP download for MDS

So, I finally broke down and bought the Night and Day DSP download for My Digital Studio. I have to say, it took me this long because I thought it wouldn't be worth it - 10 designs, all in black and white. Boy, was I wrong! This may be the most versatile download available. A few simple tricks and you will have twice the designs in ANY Stampin' Up! color!


To double your paper, MDS needs to see the DSP as a photo. To do this, select "Background Papers" in the Design
Center, then choose "Designer Series Paper". Find the Night & Day DSP under Designer Kits and choose "Add as Page Layer".


Workspace after adding DSP as layer
This will give you a small box on your page with part of the paper in it.
To make the layer bigger, double click on the square to bring up the crop window.

Crop Window
If you just drag the square bigger, you won't get more of the paper, just a larger layer of the same square. In the crop window, resize the selection to the desired size. Click okay, and move the layer to the desired location.

Now when you click on the box, the Photos menu is selected in the Design Center. Click on "Photo Effect" box and choose "Negative".
Photo Effects Options


You will see a preview of your paper, select okay to apply it to the paper in your project. That's all there is to it! An easy way to almost double your Night and Day DSP (the polka dots are already doubled and there is not a noticeable difference to the hounds tooth). Here are samples of the papers and their negative:






Adding color to the papers is even easier! Add a square punch and resize to match your DSP. Fill with the color of your choice. After coloring the square punch to your choice of color, lower the opacity so you can see the DSP under it. For the sample I used (from top to bottom): Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Concord Crush, Pink Pirouette, and Cherry Cobbler.


Order online today!
118115 Night and Day Designer Series Paper

1 comment:

Disclaimer

This is my personal blog. While I am a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, Stampin’ Up! does not endorse any non-Stampin’ Up! products I may offer here, nor do they endorse the content of classes or services I provide. This blog is my sole responsibility. Any images here may not be used for your own contests or profit without my permission.