Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New cards from MDS

I've made a few cards using My Digital Studio. I love that program! You can quickly make a card using the premade designs, tweak the design to make it your own, or just start from scratch and design your own card. I designed my own for these two.

For the "True Friend" card, I added a drop shadow to the stamps. Since you don't have a shadow when you are stamping with ink and rubber, I moved the shadow directly under the image by using the arrow keys to shift it to the pixel offset of X:0, Y:0. I reduced the blur to 3 and increased the opacity to 75%. All of these options are available under the "Drop Shadow" window that comes up after you select drop shadow. I also changed the color to be the same as the "ink". This gave my flowers a heat embossed look. I will be posting more details on how to achieve this effect.

The second card is fairly simple and straight forward. Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

This is my personal blog. While I am a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, Stampin’ Up! does not endorse any non-Stampin’ Up! products I may offer here, nor do they endorse the content of classes or services I provide. This blog is my sole responsibility. Any images here may not be used for your own contests or profit without my permission.