Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stampin' Up! "Because I Care"


It's been a while since I have posted, the new puppy does not allow for much time stamping!

Today I was able to get some time to work on a card. I used one of the hostess sets from the NEW catalog set to debut July 1st. I am very excited about the new catalog - not only new stamps and accessories this year, but new colors! I have a few of them and I am so excited to use them. Well, back to my card.

This card uses a few techniques, first I used blurred water coloring for the flower. To do this, ink up your stamp using dye ink. For this card I used Pacific Point, one of Stampin' Up!'s returning In Colors. I didn't really want a blue stem and leaves so I used my Always Artichoke marker to color over the blue ink after inking my stamp. I stamped the image onto Whisper White card stock. Using an aqua painter, available from SU, I colored over the stamped image to spread the color out. When finished, I trimmed my paper down to the size I wanted. After, I layered that onto a piece of Melon Mambo card stock (a current In Color that will become one of the "core" colors July 1). I decided I like the look of setting it diagonal along the layer. Using the scallop trim punch, I created the Pacific Point bottom layer. I took white grosgrain ribbon across the bottom of the Pacific Point card stock and created a "faux bow". The bow was so easy to make, and added a bit of fun to the card. It may be difficult to see on the image, but I used the single flower image on the Pumpkin Pie base using Versamark ink. I then attached the Pacific Point layer to the Pumpkin Pie base, stamped "thank you" along the bottom in Pacific Point, and voila, my card was finished!

I am really happy with how this card turned out. It wasn't quite how I planned it out, but as I was working, ideas just popped into my head. The card really created itself. I used a few new (to me) techniques and elements in this card, as well as some old ones. The border punch is a new one for me, and not one I would have thought to use a few months ago. I am really glad I added this punch to my supplies! I love the look it gives to my layers. There are a few other border punches in the new catalog, and I plan on adding a few to my collection.

The faux bow is another technique that I tried for the first time on this card. Again, I love how it turned out! I took my longer piece of ribbon, attached it to the layer and at first was going to leave it at that. Then I remembered the faux bow technique. To make this bow, you just need a few more pieces of ribbon and some SNAIL adhesive. I made a circle with a piece of ribbon about 2.5 inches long by putting some SNAIL on one end of the ribbon and looping the other end around. I then took a smaller (about 1 in.) ribbon and put some SNAIL on that, as well as the seam of the the larger loop. Then I wrapped the smaller ribbon around the larger one, pinching it in the middle. I used some SNAIL along the back of the bow and placed over the the ribbon already on the Pacific Point!

I hope you like the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

This is my personal blog. While I am a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, Stampin’ Up! does not endorse any non-Stampin’ Up! products I may offer here, nor do they endorse the content of classes or services I provide. This blog is my sole responsibility. Any images here may not be used for your own contests or profit without my permission.